Friday 8 August 2008

The Frank Miller edit

I've installed Hardy on my laptop. I think I will not use XP as often as I used to. Removed all the content from windows, resized the partition, and installed Hardy. Two of the many useful features that I liked: Hibernate and Bluetooth work without any tweaking.

The internet connection was too bad today. It was very irritating. So, I decided to just try the programs that Hardy provides. GIMP seemed interesting but I never used it. I never used photoshop either. I used Flash but I never did advanced photo editing. I also didn't like the GIMP interface. Too many windows pop up and I hated that. I still do. I very much supported Rahul's abbreviation of GIMP: Gimp Is Microsoft Paint [ in disguise ].

I think I need to change my stance. GIMP is decent. Very handy for basic and advanced photo editing. It's not very hard to use either. After watching the trailer of "The Spirit" ( by Frank Miller ) I really wanted to make some photos in partial colour. So I did. Used GIMP. I have found this helpful.


Original image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harithski/2587002972/
This was at Kufri. Thanks Pramod for the great shot.


Original Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/harithski/2571162770/
This was shot using timer in the guest house lawn on the night before we left for the batch trip.Pramod was wearing Black and White that day. LOL.

Partial colouring is such a great idea. We could also call it The "Frank Miller Colouring" ;-)

No comments: